Experiencing itching, discomfort and soreness?
Wondering what it might be, or just want some
information and treatment options?
Click here to get started
and to find some relief you can trust.
If you are under 18 or over 60, it is
recommended you speak to your healthcare
professional before continuing.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your
healthcare professional. This is a guide on which Canesten Thrush Treatment
is best for you. For medical advice or diagnosis see your doctor.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. This is a guide on which Canesten Thrush Treatment is best for you. For medical advice or diagnosis see your doctor.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, see yourhealthcare professionnal.
Your pharmacist's advice is required.
Treating thrush is much easier than talking about it. A range of treatment options are available to best suit your individual needs.
Thrush treatments are available over the counter at all pharmacies, following consultation with a pharmacist. During this short consultation, the pharmacist will ask you a few questions. This is standard procedure and is to ensure they give you the right treatment.
The pharmacist may ask:
- Are you under 18 or over 60 years of age?
- Have you ever had thrush before?
- Have you had thrush 3 or more times in the past 6 months?
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What are your symptoms?
- Do you suffer from diabetes?
What to expect from the treatment options available
- An oral only treatment provides an effective, single-dose ‘hands-off’ approach to treat the infection.
- Duo treatments combine an oral capsule to treat the cause of the infection plus a soothing cream to provide immediate relief of external symptoms, such as itching.
- Oral treatments contain fluconazole which is not suitable during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding.
- Canesten Oral
- Canesten Duo
Oral treatments include:
- Creams need to be applied internally into the vagina with an easy to use applicator. The cream is for internal application only and should not be applied externally.
- The cream option is preferred by women who also have vaginal dryness.
- Some creams are a single application while others are inserted once a day for 3 or 6 days.
- If you have repeated infections, a longer treatment is advised.
- Canesten Once Cream
- Canesten 3 Day Cream
- Canesten 6 Day Cream
Cream treatments include:
- Pessaries are compressed, solid tablets designed to get right to the source of the infection.
- They are inserted high into the vagina with an applicator.
- Like the creams, there are single application pessaries or a six-day course. If you have repeated infections, a longer treatment is advised.
- There is also a combined treatment which offers a single pessary plus an external cream to provide immediate relief from symptoms such as itching and burning.
- Canesten Once Pessary
- Canesten 6 Day Pessary
- Canesten Pessary +Cream
Pessary treatments include: