Preventing Jock Itch
Jock itch can be contagious, but that doesn't mean you're destined to catch or spread the infection. There are many simple ways to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Tips for preventing jock itch
- Keep your groin area clean and dry. Pat the area dry after showering and change into dry clothes after a sweaty gym session or on a hot day.
- Wear cotton underwear. Avoid tight synthetic clothing or activewear.
- Change your underwear daily.
- Change your towels frequently and use a different towel for the groin if you have other fungal infections such as athlete's foot.
- Avoid touching the affected area.
- Jock itch is commonly spread from other fungal infections such as athlete’s foot. Make sure you wash your hands after treating any other infections.
- Add Canesten Hygiene Laundry Rinse to your laundry to eliminate fungi